Single servings of the following foods are most helpful:
Protein (chili, ravioli, tuna, jerky)
Milk box (unrefrigerated)
Snacks (crackers, cookies)
Juice box (6.75 oz)
Homeless Backpacks also collects gift cards to local grocery stores and fast food restaurants to supplement during extended school breaks.
How you can help:
- Join our fundraising committee. We organize several fundraisers each year
- Make a monetary donation one-time, annually or monthly. Every donation is appreciated!
- Raise money to buy gift cards for fast food restaurants. These supplement the food bags for Winter and Spring Break.
- Adopt a Senior. Help celebrate successful program participants.
- Go food shopping. Here's where we use the money you donate.
- Run a food packing party. With a couple of friends, have fun packing bags to give to homeless teens!
- Organize a food drive
- Volunteer for deliveries. Take food bags to schools.
- Help with donation pick-up. Pick up the food donations collected from food drives, etc.
- Do inventory. Keeping track of how much food we have is a must.
- Work on our student holiday gift committee. Everyone likes a little something during the holiday season!
- Join our cleaning or yard crew. Keep our facility looking good, inside and out!
- Invite a volunteer or board member to come to your home, office, association, etc. to share about Homeless Backpacks and the students we serve.
We're on Facebook!
Friend us, follow us, however you want to do it stay up to date with what we're doing HERE